Maybe I'm just dreaming out loud...




Hello world
Hope you're listening
Forgive me if I'm young
Or speaking out of turn...

...I get lost in the beauty
Of everything I see
The world ain't as half as bad
As they paint it to be

If all the sons
All the daughters
Stopped to take it in
Well hopefully the hate subsides and the love can begin
It might start now... Yeah
Well maybe I'm just dreaming out loud
Until then...

I know I have a tendency to romanticize things. And if you read this, you probably think "C'mon Kev, your world can't be THAT good. Things are NOT that bright. The world doesn't work that way." Sure, I have my bad days, but why let them last? I have things on my mind, things weigh on my shoulders, issues that we all face, but I guess I have hope that things are getting better. That I'm slowly chiseling away at everything in my way, and one day, hopefully one day, I will be able to look back and laugh. I also know that every day I wake up breathing (although the breathing is more hot and humid these days, but still) and I know that the sun still rises over these cliffs across my face to bring me into a new day to tackle things I didn't undo and redo and build yesterday.

Theres this beautiful poem called "The Buried Life." I posted a little excerpt of it a few days ago. It's amazing. It basically speaks of how we all look back on life on our death beds and say "I wish." How we all, in these moments, feel these little tugs at our hearts, those little whispers in the silence from from a life calling us to greater things. How our insides scream for us to take chances, to jump off cliffs into the unknown, that life is an adventure beckoning us into a beautiful painting of things unknown. And yet, so few of us dare to dream. So few of us dare to let go for fear of failing (one of my biggest fears.)

I told my mom, at the drop of the ball, that I felt like 20-10 was going to be different. That I could feel it in my bones. It's already unfolding that way.

That's where I'm at now. In this endless in between. Standing still isn't easy when the world is moving backwards.

And so I pray You'll give me grace if You can hear me.

_____

I'll give it time, give it space and be still for a spell
When it's time to walk that way we wanna walk it well